While unsuspecting Kiwi’s were sleeping, Apple made an announcement an update to their most successful iPad. The 9.7 inch model has been given an overhaul and a price point that is set to continue their domination in an increasingly competitive market. The latest update will see the 9.7 inch iPad sell in New Zealand for the tantalising price of $529 and comes with the 64 bit A9 chipset and brighter than ever Retina Display.
“iPad is the world’s most popular tablet. Customers love the large, 9.7-inch display for everything from watching TV and movies, to surfing the web, making FaceTime calls, and enjoying photos, and now it is even more affordable,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “New customers and anyone looking to upgrade will love this new iPad for use at home, in school, and for work, with its gorgeous Retina display, our powerful A9 chip, and access to the more than 1.3 million apps designed specifically for it.”
iPad features a beautifully bright Retina display with over 3.1 million pixels for stunning pictures and videos, and is enclosed in a sturdy yet thin aluminium unibody enclosure weighing less than 500 grams for great portability and durability. The Apple-designed A9 chip with 64‑bit desktop-class architecture delivers fast processing and graphics performance for apps and games, while maintaining the same all-day battery life customers have come to expect from iPad.
The front- and back-facing cameras offer exceptional low-light performance and HD video recording, making it fun and easy to FaceTime with friends and family and capture unforgettable memories using the large Retina display as a viewfinder. Ultrafast wireless means connecting with iPad is quick and easy, and support for 4G LTE cellular bands worldwide helps customers stay connected when traveling.3 Apple SIM makes it even easier to connect to wireless data plans right from your device when traveling in more than 140 countries and regions.
Touch ID gives iPad users a simple and secure way to unlock iPad, keep personal information private within apps and approve purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store. With Apple Pay 4 on iPad, paying for physical goods and services within apps or on a website in Safari has never been easier.
iPad comes with iOS 10, which brings more expressive and animated ways to communicate in Messages, new ways to use Siri with your favourite apps, beautifully redesigned Maps, Photos, Apple Music and the new home app, which lets you simply and securely set up, manage and control your HomeKit accessories all in one place. Multitasking features including Slide Over, Split View and Picture-in-Picture help you do even more.
Pricing & Availability
• iPad comes in silver, gold and space grey and starts at recommended retail price (RRP) NZ$539 inc. GST for the 32GB with Wi-Fi model and RRP NZ$759 inc. GST for the 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model at Apple.com/nz. For more information, please visit apple.com/ipad/nz.
• iPad is available to order beginning Friday, 24 March from Apple.com/nz and starts delivering to customers and arriving next week through select carriers and Apple Authorised Resellers (prices may vary) in New Zealand and more than 20 countries and regions, including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and US. Denmark, India, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Turkey and other countries and regions will follow in April. Brazil, Taiwan and other countries and regions will follow in May.
• Polyurethane Smart Covers for iPad are available for RRP NZ$69 inc. GST in charcoal grey, white, midnight blue, pink sand and (RED) at Apple.com/nz.
• iPad mini 4, available in silver, gold and space grey, now offers more capacity for starting at RRP NZ$659 inc. GST for the 128GB Wi-Fi model and RRP NZ$879 inc. GST for the 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model at Apple.com/nz.
• Every customer who buys iPad from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup online5, to help them customise their iPad by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more.